AMAZON RAINFOREST IN A MARVELOUS ECOLODGE
5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS
We can combine this itinerary with the other one in the Amazon jungle lodge if you want to spend more nights in the Amazonia.
• Lodging : 4 nights in full board accomodation (except soda and alcoholic beverages)
• Ecotourism activities: Forest trails, boat trips, canoeing and observation towers.
• Transportation : Transfer from Alta Floresta airport to the amazon lodge
Bilingual tour guide
Day 1: Arrival in Alta Floresta - Transfer into the Ecolodge
- Reception at Alta Floresta airport at 2 p.m
- Departure towards the south point of the Amazon forest. Along the road, we may stop several times in order to observe nature and take photos, especially of birds that stay all along the route;
- Arrival at the lodge in the middle of the afternoon to first experience the magical environment.
- Boat ride along the Cristalino river to observe the Amazon trees and a magnificent sunset over the Teles Pires river. It is possible to see kingfishers among other types of birds and with some good luck the neotropical otter (Lontra longicaudis).
- Return to the lodge for dinner;
Day 2: Amazon Ecolodge
- Breakfast at 5 a.m
- Short hike until we reach the 50 meter-high observation tower made of galvanized steel and very steady. We will have the opportunity to see beautiful birds like the red-necked aracari (Pteroglossus bitorquatus), the curl-crested aracari (Pteroglossus beauharnaesii), the purple honeycreeper (Cyanerpes caeruleus), the chestnut woodpecker (Celeus elegans), the cream-colored woodpecker (Celeus flavus) and many others.
- Boat trip to go towards another trail called « Trilha da Castanheira ». This track leads us to an impressive Brazil nut tree of forty six meters and approximately 800 years old!
- Return to the lodge for lunch around 12:30
- Nap time for you to rest a little during the hottest hours of the day ;
- A boat ride will give us a chance to spot monkeys along the river edge such as the white-cheeked spider monkey (Ateles marginatus),the yellow-spotted river turtle (Podocnemis unifilis) and the neotropical otter (Lontra longicaudis).
- Dinner time at the Ecolodge
Day 3: Amazon Ecolodge
- Breakfast at 6 a.m,
- A boat trip to reach a trail called « Trilha da Serra ». This time you will be amazed by the exuberance of the rainforest. The hiking here is a bit harder than in the other trails because we will have to climb up to the belvedere where you will have a great view of the Amazon forest. It is the only place around where you can see the Brazil-nut poison frog - This track is not advisable for people with reduced mobility and it can be substituted by another observation activity.
- Lunch time at 12:30
- In the middle of the afternoon, we will go up another tower which is named after Ted Parker. It is also a 50 meter-high tower that allow us to observe the white-nosed Saki (Chiropotes albinasus), the scarlet macaw (Ara macao), the blue-and-yellow macaw (Ara ararauna), the channel-billed toucan(Ramphastos vitellinus), and luckily the crested eagle (Morphnus guianensis).
- Dinner at the Ecolodge.
Day 4 : Amazon Ecolodge
- Hiking in the woods to look for the white-nosed Saki (Chiropotes albinasus),the white-cheeked spider monkey (Ateles marginatus), the red-handed howler monkey (Alouatta belzebul) and the tufted-capuchin monkey (Sapajus apella).
- Lunch time at noon
- Canoeing at 3 p.m to approach the river turtles, the multiple species of kingfisher, the green ibis (Mesembrinibis cayennensis), the capped heron (Philerodius pileatus), and when the sun will be about to set we will look for the zigzag heron (Zebrilus undulatus)
- Dinner at the Ecolodge
Day 5: Transfer out : Amazon Ecolodge – Alta Floresta
- Breakfast at 4:30 a.m
- Time to go after the Cryptic forest falcon (Micrastur mintoni) a bird that loves to hide in the forest, just like the great jacamar (Jacamerops aureus), the collared trogon (Trogon collaris) and Gould’s toucanet (Selenidera gouldii)
- Return to the lodge at 9 a.m in order to pack our bags
- Departure towards the city of Alta Floresta at 10 a.m,
- Lunch at an Alta Floresta restaurant at 12:00 (beverages not included)
- Arrival at the airport around 1:15 p.m to catch your flight at 2:30 p.m
- End of our services.
For more information, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Amazon - Mato Grosso, Brazil